Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Switching gears...

When you're watching TV and a commercial comes on are you the kind of person who will buy things you don't need just from the power of persuasion?  It's okay, you can admit it...because I sure am.  Put something in front of me that I can't resist and watch how fast I take out that Hello Kitty debit card!  This is exactly what happened when I came across a certain cookbook on the Internet...




Cue the imaginary tire-screeching sound as my sugar-cookie focus suddenly careened off the side of a cliff...and landed in a soft pink cloud of french buttercream frosting. 



Cake it is!


Miette is a fancy little pastry shop based in San Francisco.  It has all the details that a charming little confiserie should have; pale pink Swiss meringues, glass jars filled with candies and most importantly, stunning little cakes.  

 
Needless to say, I fell for Miette's charm and ordered the cookbook so that I could master the art of delicious little masterpieces.  I mean, how could you not fall in love just with the book alone?  Look at those artful scalloped edges.



Stay tuned as I switch gears and try my culinary prowess at cake making!



*All photos courtesy of Google. 

No comments:

Post a Comment