Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pirate off the Port Bow



Okay, so it's no Black Pearl....and there's no Johnny Depp on board.....but I finally finished my Pirate Ship sugar cookies.  I had a few leftover swords from Saturday's party so those got some more attention to detail, too.  My biggest obstacle seems to be planning ahead enough to have the time to decorate in detail.  Each time I make another style of cookie though, it's always the "first time".  Which means the decorating takes on a life of its own only after I've started.  I don't know what I want to do (decoration) until I'm about three cookies in.  As they say, practice makes perfect.  So if any little boys need Pirate-themed cookies for a birthday....I'm ready now!  :)








2 comments:

  1. I love these cookies! Fantastic job. My son just walked my, licked his lips and said he really liked them, too. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pamela, Thanks! These are my all-time favorite cookies. They took days to decorate and I think that is oddly why they are top of my list. So flattered that you and your son thought they were fantiastic!

    ReplyDelete