Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easy Chocolate Fudge



This fudge never fails to take me back to childhood.  Every Christmas, my Aunt, Uncle and cousins from Georgia would come stay with us.  And every year I would wait for my aunt to unpack her famous goodies; fudge and white chocolate covered pretzels.  I'm sure she brought other things, but with the sweets calling my name, who remembers?  This is a no fuss recipe that can be ready in an hour or less.

  
Easy Chocolate Fudge
Source:  My dear Aunt Janet

1 box (3 3/4 c) powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 c cocoa powder, sifted
1 stick butter
1/4 c milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)


Line a square baking dish with a strip of parchment paper, grease with butter. Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder in medium microwavable bowl.  Add butter and milk to sugar mixture, microwave on  high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.  Remove, whisk until smooth.  Add vanilla and chopped nuts.  Quickly pour the fudge into the baking dish, smooth.  Chill in the fridge for at least one hour.  Cut into squares. 



No comments:

Post a Comment